Pilates with Sydney
It’s a new year and getting in shape and feeling our best is at the top of our 2023 to do list. GSL Church is offering Pilates Fitness Mat classes on Monday nights starting Monday, February 13.
Some of the benefits of Pilates include increased core strength ( this is the body’s powerhouse and where you get those great Pilates “abs”, decreased back pain, increased energy, decreased stress, improved flexibility and mobility, improved balance, strengthened bones, mood boost, improved sleep and an overall sense of well-being.
We’re SUPER excited that Sydney Alexander is teaching this class. Sydney received her teaching training program in 2010 from Push Pilates in Memphis, TN. She’s taught classes at Methodist University and St. Jude Hospitals. She is connected to the GSL Community, Sydney and her family are parishioners and her son, Liam, is a student at GSL School. The classes are open to all fitness levels, from beginners to seasoned participants, and modifications are used where needed.
Come join us!
- Class meets weekly on Mondays at 5:30-6:15 p.m. in the Blue Room, lower level, enter through the red door.
- Fee is $10/week via Venmo to Sydney-Alexander-10. Arrangements can be made for students without Venmo.
- Students will need to bring their own mats.
- Class is open to interested individuals, including those outside of GSL Church.
- Please contact Sidney Alexander via Realm with questions. You can also contact Christi Authement, GSL Church Wellness & Fitness Director, at 901-825-7353.
- Please enter in the Blue Room, lower level, enter through the red door via the Lemaster St. entrance.
- If you plan to attend Pilates, click here, download, and please fill out the GSL Sports and Activity Waiver 2023 document and give it to your instructor.
You can also watch this great Recreation and Wellness video highlighting these 2 great programs at GSL and peruse the January 2022 At-A-Glance and Recreation and Wellness brochure.