For all of us, likely, it is a struggle to live in a Christ-like life of compassion and service to "the least of these". The parish offers a number of opportunities to extend a loving hand to a neighbor in need.
Contact: Juan Fuentes at juanjf7777 [at] aol [dot] com or 901-849-7033
- Food or personal supplies (the most needed items are usually dry milk, canned meats, nutritious cereals, paper products like toilet paper, and toiletries such as soap or toothbrushes and toothpaste).
- Volunteer each Monday & Tuesday, from 1-2 p.m., to distribute.
- Monday after 2 p.m. prepare bags for Tuesday's clients, and any time Wed. to Sun. to pack for Monday's clients.
- Re-Stock the pantry shelves.
More Than A Meal
- Volunteer your time on a Sunday from 3-5 p.m. to serve in the kitchen or Trezevant Hall.
- Offer background musical entertainment on piano or other instrument.
- Provide items for hygiene kits: small soaps or shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, razors, etc.
- Help with sewing repairs on aprons and floral arrangements.
- Offer special prayers for our guests.
West TN Haiti Partership
- Donate art/craft/sewing supplies.
- Provide musical insturmentts.
- Supply soap, shampoo, toothpaste, nail polish, maincure kits, etc.
- Syringes, gloves and alcohol pads are needed.
- Provide pill bottles and children's chewable vitamins.