For all of us, likely, it is a struggle to live in a Christ-like life of compassion and service to "the least of these". The parish offers a number of opportunities to extend a loving hand to a neighbor in need.
- Food or personal supplies (the most needed items are usually dry milk, canned meats, nutritious cereals, paper products like toilet paper, and toiletries such as soap or toothbrushes and toothpaste).
- Volunteer each Monday & Tuesday, from 1-2pm, to presack food and distribute.
- Stock the pantry shelves.
More Than A Meal
- Volunteer your time on a Sunday, from 3-5pm.
- Donate a ham or turkey for holiday meals.
- Provide items for a hygiene kit: suntal lotion, deodorant, razors, etc.
- Bake a birthday cake for the first Sunday of each month.
- Help is needed to make sewing repairs on aprons and floral arrangements.
- Pray for our guests.
Alzheimer's Day Services
Church Health Center
- For volunteer opportunities, visit www.churchhealthcenter.org/volunteer.
Community of St. Therese of Lisieux
Door of Hope
Dorothy Day House of Hospitality
Emmanuel Episcopal Church
Friends For Life
- Toiletry bags - shampoo, soap, toothpaste, tooth brush, etc.
- Food pantry - help assembling the food bags for clients.
- Annual event volunteers are needed:
-Dining Out For Life (DOFL) (April)
-Art Dash (July)
-A Place At The Table (APATT) (November)
Integrity of Memphis
Memphis Child Advocacy Center
Memphis Library Foundation
Memphis Teachers Residency
- Classroom supplies.
- Serve as a reading coach at Sherwood Elementary.
- Host a dinner or desert gathering for MTR Teachers.
(MIFA) Memphis Inter-Faith Association
Outreach Housing & Community
- Be a mentor/buddy by providing transportation to the grocery store, bank, doctor's appointments, etc.
- Assist clients in obtaining social security information and social security disability information.
- Volunteer at the OHC office to answer phones and greet guests.
- Join the weekly wellness group for a walk on Wednesday mornsting at the Hope and Healing Center.
Samaritan Counseling Center
Shelby County Books From Birth
Soulsville Music Academy
The Exchange Club Family Center
- Adopt a family.
- Donate children's books and school supplies.
- Donate Diapers (3mos - 1yr).
- Assist with birthday bags.
- Provide snacks and prizes for chidlren's celebration.
- Supply refreshments/dinners for program graduation ceremonies or evening programs.
St. George's Independent School
West TN Haiti Partership
- Donate art/craft/sewing supplies.
- Provide musical insturmentts.
- Supply soap, shampoo, toothpaste, nail polish, maincure kits, etc.
- Syringes, gloves and alcohol pads are needed.
- Provide pill bottles and children's chewable vitamins.